Exchange of views with international standard owners
On 29 June 2011 a meeting of owners of European feed sector standards was held in Venlo (Netherlands). On this occasion, representatives of GMP+ International (Netherlands), Ovocom (Belgium), AIC (Great Britain) and QS Qualität und Sicherheit GmbH discussed the consequences of the dioxin incidents at the beginning of the year.
The focus was on the presentation of measures that have already been taken and implemented and plans for further development. Among others, the following issues were discussed:
- establishment of a HACCP-working group to determine critical processes and products,
- a common and coordinated approach on how to deal with defined processes and products,
- development of a common negative list for a complete ban on certain products,
- improvement of crisis communication and
- ways to raise the awareness of auditors and certification bodies regarding critical processes and products.
All four standard owners agreed, that the exchange of national experiences as well as the close collaboration should be continued in future in order to ensure the national comparability of the schemes.